Finally, something for the kids
- For children through age 17.
- There are no fees or minimum balance requirements.
Children get a $25 bonus2 credited to the account after their first deposit.
- Free eBanking, Mobile Banking, and debit card.
- As a joint owner, adults have full access to the account to monitor spending and debit card activity with card controls.
- Adults can transfer funds directly from their account into the Bright Future Checking account.
- When your child turns 18, the Bright Future Checking account will automatically convert to an eChecking account3 with all the same great features. We're happy to discuss other checking account options should you need it.
- Checking accounts are subject to credit approval.
Tech-savvy and youth friendly services
How can parents monitor their child's financial activities with Bright Future Checking?
Parents can easily keep a close eye on their child's finances as joint account holders. Additionally, by downloading the personal AbbyBank app for their child, parents gain access to Card Controls. Within the app, parents can set spending limits, control transaction types, limit geographical regions, and manage merchant types. This not only provides peace of mind but also empowers parents to guide their children towards responsible financial habits.