If you are not currently signed up for eBanking, go to the eBanking Login area (in the website header). Click on "New User" to fill out an eBanking application.
You can pay virtually any business with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, you can pay utilities, cable bills or credit cards.
It’s easy to enroll and get started using Bill Pay. Simply click on the Bill Pay tab within eBanking. You will be prompted to go through an enrollment process.
Paying bills online is one of the safest ways to pay your bills. Bill Pay helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills and statements. It also increases your privacy because only you can access your account information, account numbers and payment history. As a result, you maintain tighter control of your account with real-time access to your payments activity.
What is a one-time security code?
It is a randomly generated one-time code we provide. You enter it before completing certain transactions to prevent fraudulent transactions and unauthorized access to your financial information.
Why is a one-time security code needed?
It is an extra layer of online banking protection that ensures that your funds and financial information are safe. By requiring the entry of a one-time code and the use of a phone you have on record with us, fraud is prevented even if an unauthorized user learns your online banking user ID and password. It also ensures that you are notified if an unauthorized user attempts to access your account information or complete transactions without your knowledge.
How do I use a one-time security code?
It is easy! We'll give you the one-time code and you are asked to enter it when we call a number you have on record with us.
Do I need to save the code?
No. Once the code is entered, it is not needed again.
If I lose communication/signal how do I know if my transfer or bill payment was entered successfully?
In eBanking, you can check your accounts to verify that the transaction was completed. If you selected to receive text alerts, each time you complete a transaction from your mobile device (bill payment, funds transfer, etc.) you will receive a text message as confirmation.
Since our account data is not stored on your mobile device, your information cannot be stolen. If you simply get a new phone but keep the same phone number and provider, you may need to download the app again. If you switch providers and/or phone numbers, log in to eBanking and update your information, click on All Menu > Settings > Mobile Banking. You will not receive text messages regarding Mobile Banking transactions if your phone number and carrier are not correct.
Select ‘My Accounts’ and then select an account to view specific transactions for that account.
How do I transfer money from one AbbyBank account to another through my Mobile Banking App?
- From the Home screen, select the + button and then select Transfer.
- Select Transfer From to choose the account where the funds will come out of.
- Select Transfer To to choose the account where the funds will go at the time of the transaction.
- Select Amount to enter in the amount to be transferred.
- Select Done.
- Select Continue to transfer funds. A confirmation screen appears.
- Select Approve.
How do I pay bills through my Mobile Banking app?
- From the Home screen, select the + button and then select Pay Bill.
- Select A Payee or the + sign in the upper right hand corner to add a new payee.
- Select the account you want to pay the bill from.
- Select Date to select a payment date from a calendar.
- Enter an amount to pay in the Amount field.
- To add a personal memo, select Memo and enter your memo.
- Select Continue. A payment confirmation screen appears after you've completed a successful payment.
- Select Approve.
What are the qualifications for AbbyBank's Mobile Deposit?
To be eligible to use this service you must meet the following criteria:
- New customers must meet certain credit score requirements
- You must be enrolled in AbbyBank’s eBanking (Online) and have downloaded the Mobile Banking app to your device
- Have not been overdrawn more than one (1) time in the last 3 months
- No more than one (1) Returned Deposit Item in the last 6 months
- Agree to the AbbyBank Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions presented to you when signing up for Mobile Deposit.
What items can be deposited via AbbyBank's Mobile Deposit service?
Only complete, unaltered checks in U.S. currency drawn on a financial institution in the U.S. and dated less than six months from the deposit date can be deposited. The check must be made payable to the account owner(s) that have been properly endorsed with “For Mobile Deposit Only AbbyBank” and the payee's signature(s).
Is AbbyBank Mobile Deposit for consumers or businesses?
This service is available for both. With Mobile Deposit, checks are deposited one at a time, so it may not be the right fit for an organization that needs to deposit many checks on a frequent basis. If you are a business banking customer, please contact your AbbyBank Personal Banker to discuss remote deposit options to determine which service(s) are right for your needs.
What happens if fraud is detected on my debit card?
- When potential fraud is detected by the debit card processor you will receive an automatic email notification from AbbyBank with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud”.
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert between 7am and 9pm EST which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option.
- If there is no response received from you, five minutes after the text alert, you will receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud.
What should I do if my debit/ATM card is lost or stolen?
If you know your card is lost or stolen for sure, you can quickly flag it as lost or stolen in eBanking. CAUTION – this cannot be reversed and will require that a new debit card be sent to you:
- Click the Options tab, then ATM/Debit Card.
- Click the Lost/Stolen box next to the card # you want to flag.
- Call an AbbyBank Personal Banker to discuss re-ordering a new debit card.
- Call AbbyBank at 800-288-2229 to speak with a Personal Banker. Add our toll-free number to your cell-phone contacts so you have it when needed.
- If it is after hours; the bank phone message will provide you with the number for the Fraud Center. Be sure to call an AbbyBank Personal Banker the next business day to discuss re-ordering a new debit card.
What is a credit and debit card skimmer?
Credit and debit card skimming is a type of theft where someone uses a small device to steal the information from your card in an otherwise legitimate credit or debit card transaction. Thieves use the stolen data to make fraudulent charges. Devices used are smaller than a deck of cards and are often fastened in close proximity to, or over the top of the ATM's card reader. For more information about skimmers you can read the article "All About Skimmers" written by Krebs on Security.
Ask a Business Banker for more details. We will provide you with an agreement to review. Monthly fees apply based on which services you select.
What browser capabilities does my business need in order to operate Cash Management?
Do I need Antivirus software for the computer that I use Cash Management or eDeposit with?
Yes. Please talk with your technology contacts or vendors to use the best for your business needs.
What browser capabilities does my business need to use eDeposit?
What does my business do with the checks after they are deposited into my account through eDeposit?
Your business is required to store the checks in a secured location for 90 to 120 days.
How long does it take for my deposits to show in my accounts?
Deposits will be credited to your account on the same banking day when the deposit is processed Monday thru Friday, prior to 5:00 p.m. CST. If processed by you after this time, it will be credited to your account the next business day.
Do I need to apply for eDeposit and sign an agreement?
Yes, we need a completed application and it is subject to credit approval. Upon approval, you will need to sign an agreement to define where the responsibilities lie for the user and the bank. There is a $35 monthly fee to use eDeposit. Ask a Business Banker for more details.
We offer several options for you to make your loan payments:
- Coupon Book
- Automatic Payments from an account at AbbyBank or another Financial Institution
- eBanking Loan Payment/Bill Pay
- In person at any of our locations
All loans are subject to credit approval. We review your credit report, employment history, collateral and ability to repay. We also need to know if you intend to apply individually or jointly. If joint, we review credit and income of both parties. There is no cost to apply.
The bigger your down payment, the less you need to borrow. There are other benefits to a bigger down payment, but there are also several options for low down payment loans. There are even down payment assistant programs available for borrowers who meet certain income guidelines. Your AbbyBank Mortgage Loan Officer can walk you through down payment options! See our Mortgage Qualifier Calculator to learn more. Apply online now!
What is Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)?
Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) allows the consumer to have a mortgage without having 20% equity in their home and/or 20% down payment. PMI adds an additional cost to your monthly payment.
What is Hazard Insurance?
Hazard Insurance, also called Home Owners Insurance, typically covers hazards to the home and personal belongings within the home and/or provides you with liability protection. It is important that you discuss the policy and pricing options with your insurance agent to have the best plan that fits your needs.
Is a long-term loan the better option?
The length of time that you choose for your loan depends on your personal situation, income and preferences. If you prefer to pay the least amount of interest and you have enough income to pay more per month, a shorter-term loan may be better for you. If you prefer to pay less per month and want to have the loan for a longer period of time, a longer loan term may be better for you. Use our Mortgage Calculator to learn the differences between short and long-term loans.
How do I know if refinancing will save me money?
To know if your situation will benefit by refinancing, you need to consider and compare the overall situation. You will need to know the new rate, term, closing costs, principal amount left on loan, appraised value, etc. Go to our Mortgage Refinance Break Even calculator to help you make a good comparison. If you still have questions, contact one of our Mortgage Loan Officers.
Should I rent or purchase a home?
We have a great Rent vs. Buy calculator to use as a basic comparison tool to understand the financial expenditures that go along with home purchases. You will need to look at the home purchase price, monthly mortgage payment, property taxes, home insurance, association or maintenance fees, inflation, etc. to know what the best option is for you.
How much collateral do I need for a consumer loan?
A financial institution normally does not lend at 100% of collateral value. The exception is when you are pledging a deposit account in the same institution. Typically, consumer loans could borrow from 50% to 70% of the collateral value.
Your payment is determined by the amount you borrow, the interest rate on the loan and the term of the loan. The interest rate and term are determined when you qualify for the loan and is based on your credit standing and the age of the collateral offered. For example, the older the collateral, the shorter the loan term will be. Typically loans for consumer goods are 5 years or less. Visit our Calculator page to help you determine your payment preference.