AbbyBank Partners with FHLB to Provide $15,000 in COVID-19 Relief
Fair Animal Market Winners!
This year looked different for many of the 4H and FFA students. They worked hard all year, and many had their fairs cancelled. The Taylor County Fair was still able to find a way to host the animal market sale. We are happy to announce that we were the winner of two pigs that were processed and donated back to the following food pantries; Community United Food Pantry in Colby, First Baptist Church Food Pantry in Medford and Peyton's Promise serving Marathon County.
“We were pretty excited to be the winner of two pigs this year! That allowed us to donate to three very deserving organizations” said Sue Ackerman, Vice President and Medford Branch Manager.
Fill a Backpack Fill a Need
The United Way of Marathon County Fill A Backpack Fill A Need program still held their annual program. Instead of collecting supplies, they collected monetary donation to help purchase backpacks and classroom supply lists. We collected funds at AbbyBank in Abbotsford, Wausau, Weston and Peace Lutheran Church in the Town of Frankfort. The Fill A Backpack Fill A Need program helps all local students in need in the Marathon County schools (Abbotsford and Colby included).
“Thanks to Peace Lutheran Church, we were able to purchase over 20 backpacks and over $400 in supplies to fill them”, stated Natalyn Jannene, Assistant Vice President of Marketing for AbbyBank.
AbbyBank Partners with FHLB to Provide $40,000 in COVID-19 Relief
- $1,415 to nursing home and assisted living patients to get their hair cut
- $2,000 in tickets purchased from Colby Dairy Breakfast
- $1,500 to CUP Food Pantry for dairy and meat
- $1,235 purchased in gift cards from local restaurants and businesses
- $350 each distributed to Abbotsford FFA and Athens FFA
- $3,000 distributed between The Vine Christian Fellowship, Crossways Lutheran Camping Ministries, St. Joseph Food Program and Iglesia De Cristo Mission Cris
- $2,000 in gift cards from local area businesses to hand out to those in need
- $2,000 to St. Michael's Food Pantry in Keshena
- $3,000 to Flo'ing with Kindness Inc., a newly established food pantry in Gresham
- $700 in gift cards from local area restaurants and businesses to hand out to those in need
- $1,800 to the Medford FFA for the purchase of dairy for students
- $5,000 in gift cards purchased from local area restaurants and businesses to hand out at local restaurants when ordering takeout
- $3,700 distributed between six local deserving organizations like Shawano Area Matthew, Shawano Area Food Pantry and Resource Center (SAFPARC), Wolf River Habitat for Humanity, Safe Haven Domestic Abuse Facility, Georgia's House and The F.R.E.S.H. Project
- $2,000 in gift cards to hand out to those in need
- $2,000 to The Neighbors Place
- $2,000 to United Way of Marathon County
- $2,000 to Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service (WIPPS)
- $5,700 distributed between five local deserving nonprofits like DCE Food Program, Blessings in a Backpack, New Life Pet Adoption, Homme Homes and Everest Area Optimist Club
Customer Appreciation Day - Every Friday In June - All Locations (Drive-up & Lobby)
Working Together While Working Apart - COVID-19 PPE Donations
SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Impact
- 327 Businesses Supported
- $25,697,600 in PPP Loans Funded
Destination Medford Women's Weekend 2020
Come get your goodie bags and wine glasses for the weekend that will include a gift from AbbyBank! This year there will be a fashion show and games.
Angel Tree Program
Holiday Meal Matching Donation - Double Your Impact!
- Community United Pantry (CUP) in Colby WI
- Indian Head Food Pantry in Medford WI
- Peyton's Promise in Marathon County WI
- St. Joseph's Food Program in Appleton WI
- Shawano Area Food Pantry and Resource Center (SAFPARC) in Shawano WI
- TULP / St. Paul's Food Pantry serving Tilleda, Gresham and Leopolis
- St. Michael's Food Pantry in Keshena WI
Wausau Metro Adult Special Olympics Received a $700 Donation
The Abbotsford Story, Inc. is pleased to announce the donation of $700 to the Wausau Metro Adult Special Olympics for a new computer. Wausau Metro Adult Special Olympics mission is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for adults with intellectual disabilities.
Huey's Hideaway Children's Museum Receives $10,000 Donation
The Abbotsford Story, Inc. is pleased to announce the presentation of $10,000 to Huey’s Hideaway Children’s Museum, Medford, WI. In September 2019, our donation was presented to Huey’s Hideaway to sponsor the pergola for their new outdoor space. They officially broke ground in early October.
Three Local Area Medford Organizations Receive Donations
The Abbotsford Story, Inc. is pleased to announce the donation of $1,500 to three local area organizations. Donations were presented to, the Immanuel Lutheran School, Medford Kiwanis Club and the Sand Box Child Care & Preschool. These donations will help support many remarkable initiatives in the Medford and surrounding communities.
St. Joseph Food Program Receives $500 Donation
The Abbotsford Story, Inc. is pleased to announce the donation of $500 to St. Joseph’s Food Program for new shelves. St. Joe’s is a nonprofit in the Appleton area. They distribute over 30 tons of fresh food and non-perishable items to men, women, children, the elderly, working poor and temporarily unemployed.
LEAVEN Receives $1,000 Donation from the Abbotsford Story, Inc.
The Abbotsford Story, Inc. is pleased to announce the donation of $1,000 to LEAVEN for new computers. LEAVEN is a non-profit that helps to stabilize and empower people in financial crisis by providing financial assistance, referrals and case management to address their near-term and long-term basic needs.
Local Wausau Area Organizations Receive $2,100 Donation
The Abbotsford Story, Inc. is pleased to announce the donation of $2,100 to the Boys and Girls Club in Wausau for a new laptop and Dream Flight USA Foundation for a new mechanical arm for their STEM shuttle.
Local Wausau Organization Receives $1,000 Donation
The Abbotsford Story, Inc. is pleased to announce the donation of $1,000 to Middle Grounds in Wausau for a new computer and printer. Middle Grounds is a coffee shop for young adults. Their mission is to reach young teens where they are at, in a judgement free environment.
Local Shawano Organization Receives $1,500 Donation
The Abbotsford Story, Inc. is pleased to announce the donation of $1,500 to the F.R.E.S.H (Food, Resources, Education, Sustainability, Health) Project, a local Shawano area organization. In October 2019, the donation was presented to F.R.E.S.H. for a lawn mower and tillers to help keep their gardens thriving. 1/3 of residents in Shawano County said they didn't have enough food to eat and didn't have enough money to get more (according to a survey done by the F.R.E.S.H. Project).
The Abbotsford Story, Inc. was formed in 1986 as a private charitable foundation of AbbyBank. Since then, AbbyBank has made contributions totaling over $1,270,300 to the foundation. Over the years, the foundation has made donations to Abbotsford, Appleton, Medford, Wausau, Weston and neighboring area organizations totaling over $940,976.65.
AbbyBank Gives Medford Tech Ed Department Donation
The Tech Ed department in Medford, helped AbbyBank design, create and build two buildings. One of those buildings is for outdoor equipment and storage. The other building is for AbbyBank’s new horse shelter.
“We serve a diverse customer base and being able to partner with the school allowed us to collaborate with them for a teaching opportunity, while also giving a donation back to the school. This horse shelter will help keep our customers’ horses happy, healthy and quenched!” said Sue Ackerman, Vice President and Medford Branch Manager.
Taylor County Students Get Meals for the Weekends
The United Way of Taylor County started a new campaign this school year to help feed local area students’ meals and snack on the weekends. They had a collection box at the Medford AbbyBank location and collected backpacks, meals and $100 in monetary donations.
“After hearing from the United Way about the number of children in Taylor County that the school meals may be the only meals they eat, we knew we needed a collection box. That is what community is all about, stepping up when there is a need,” states Sue Ackerman, Vice President/Branch Manager for AbbyBank.
Taylor County Fair
School Supplies for Students in Need
- New backpacks
- Pencil pouches
- Dry erase markers
- Wide ruled notebooks
- One inch 3-ring binders
- New backpacks
- Crayons 24 ct.
- Plastic pencil box
- Colored markers (washable)
- Wide lined notebooks
- Wide lined loose-leaf paper
- Pocket folders to match notebooks (red, yellow, green or blue)
- Colored pencils
- Pens (red only)
- Water color paint
- Glue and glue sticks
- Grocery Store Gift Cards (Medford County Market and Walmart)
- Fruit cups
- Applesauce Cups
- Juice boxes
- Cans of Vegetables
- Snack Bars (granola bars, fruit bars, breakfast bars, etc.)
- Cans of soup
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Rice products
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Spaghetti Sauces
Customer Appreciation Day Events 2019
June Dairy Month -Dairy Breakfasts 2019
Sunday, June 2, 2019
7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 2, 2019
Gary, Margie & Bryan Dahl Farm
7:00 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
Northcentral Technical College's Agriculture Center of Excellence
8:00 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
Sunday, June 9, 2019
7:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 16, 2019
204 E Mill Street, Loyal
7:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Sunday, June 23, 2019
Heeg Brothers Dairy
7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 30, 2019
Stieglitz Dairy LLC
WBA Community Banking Week
Taylor County Moving for a Cure
Destination Medford Women's Weekend 2019
Come get your goodie bags and wine glasses for the weekend that will include a gift from AbbyBank!